Test Your Knowledge of Groveland
Here comes another quiz in the "Testing Your Knowledge of the Mother Lode" series. This time the focus is Groveland. (I don't want our Groveland office
to feel left out!) What do you know about this beautiful Mother Lode area town? Hmm? Find out with the following questions (you'll find the answers below)...
1. The oldest continuously operating establishment in Groveland is (at least according to its proprietors): (a) Sugar Pine Realty; (b) Mountain Sage
; (c) Hotel Charlotte
; (d) Iron Door Saloon.
2. Groveland's private gated community of Pine Mountain Lake surrounds a man-made lake that, even in a lower rainfall year, has never dropped below a depth of: (a) 6 inches; (b) 12 inches; (c) 4 feet; (d) 18.362 inches.
3. Each September, the town of Groveland hosts the following event: (a) 49er fair; (b) 49er football practice; (c) 49er jubilee; (d) 49er festival.
4. The greatest contributing factor to the growth of Groveland in the early 1900's was: (a) the development of the Pine Mountain Lake area; (b) its proximity to Yosemite; (c) the development of the Tuolumne River Hetch-Hetchy water project; (d) the discovery of gold.
5. This person discovered gold in Groveland and nearby Big Oak Flat in 1848: (a) James Bond; (b) James Savage; (c) James Brown; (d) James Dean.
6. The Garrote Tree in Groveland is famous for what? (a) the Christmas lights that adorn it each holiday season; (b) children playing ring-around-the-rosie around it; (c) hoodlums being hung for their crimes on it; (d) tourists taking a nap in its shade.
7. Still a part of Groveland's famous Iron Door Saloon are it's original: (a) owners; (b) bathrooms; (c) iron doors; (d) lighting fixtures.
Answers: 1. (d) 2. (c ) 3. (d) 4. (c) 5. (b) 6. (c) 7. (c)
(This test was developed and based on information from the following websites: Wikipedia - Groveland
, Yosemite Gold Country - Groveland
and Geocities - Groveland
. Visit them when you get the chance.)
Labels: area information, broker, groveland, mother lode, quiz, real estate, test, tuolumne county, yosemite