Test Your Knowledge of Twain Harte
Coming at you with the "Testing Your Knowledge of the Mother Lode" series again. This time the focus is Twain Harte. What do you know about this beautiful Mother Lode area town? Well, let's find out with the following quiz (you'll be able to check your answers below)...
1. The oldest area landmark in Twain Harte is:
(a) the Twain Harte arch;
(b) "The Rock" restaurant;
(c) the Twain Harte Market;
(d) the large granite rock near the Twain Harte Lake Dam.
2. Which two famous author's last names were chosen to create the town of Twain Harte's name?
(a) John Twain and Steve Harte;
(b) Steve Twain and John Harte;
(c) Bret Twain and Mark Harte;
(d) Mark Twain and Bret Harte.
3. In the middle 1800's, cattle roamed, apple and pear orchards stood and a watering place was maintained in which Twain Harte location of today?
(a) Twain Harte Pool;
(b) Twain Harte Golf Course;
(c) Sugar Pine Realty office;
(d) where the Twain Harte Inn/Lodge once stood.
4. The Twain Harte wooden arch was built in:
(a) 1933; (b) 1934; (c) 1930; (d) 1900.
5. The Twain Harte Golf Course was constructed on this man's land in 1930. His share of the rent of the land was a whopping $1 per year!:
(a) Mark Twain; (b) Ray Eproson; (c) Patrick Williams; (d) Bret Harte.
6. According to the 2000 census, the population of Twain Harte is approximately:
(a) 3000; (b) 3900; (c) 2600; (d) 2000.
7. The town of Twain Harte owes most of its growth in the 1930s through early 50s to which real estate company?
(a) Sugar Pine Realty; (b) Coldwell Banker; (c) Prudential; (d) Twain Harte Lodge Realty/Twain Harte Realty.
Answers: 1. (d) 2. (d) 3. (b) & (d) 4. (a) 5. (b) 6. (c) 7. (d)
(This test was developed and based on information from the Twain Harte Area Chamber of Commerce website
and the Wikipedia entry for Twain Harte
Labels: blog sonora, blogger sonora, california, mother lode, quiz, sonora, test, tuolumne county, twain harte